Monday, March 8, 2010

Photography?


Lately, I have been trying to determine exactly what it is about photography that I find so interesting, or why it has managed to hold my interest for so long.
Usually, I am the type of person who gains an interest and just as quickly moves on to a new one. But I haven't wavered from photography yet; it's managed to keep me holding on.
It feels good, to have something that I can call my own. Something I can be known for.
It makes me happy.
I think it's the never-ending possibilities, and the effects that photographs can have on someone that gets me.
- I find the ability to capture or create a moment moving.

I've always been interested in the creative arts.
The strongest memories from my childhood are those of my Mother painting, drawing... It was her passion that I remember the most. And growing up with a mother as artistically passionate as her, it's hard not to have some kind of creative flair.
Except my creativity lies with photography. I kind of fail with a pencil and a paintbrush.


So, photography...my outlet for creativity.

No comments: